The NSW Branch of the Design Institute of Australia is the voice of professional design in New South Wales.
Our vision is to raise awareness and increase the profile of the design profession within the local community. As the NSW Branch of the DIA, we work together to enjoy our working lives, succeed in business and advance Australia’s reputation as a Design Nation.
Throughout the year we offer a full and dynamic program to the NSW design community, which includes a wide range of professional development events, seminars, social catch-ups and inspirational exclusives. We specifically design and organise this stream of activities to:
- Equip designers with skills to enhance their professional lives;
- Support designers with services and advice throughout their careers;
- Connect designers with each other and with clients, customers and business;
- Celebrate and promote Australian design excellence;
- Inspire people to value design and designers to do their best work;
- Advocate on behalf of designers to government, industry and the community
The DIA NSW Branch also has a thriving DIA Student Council, known as DIAS. The DIAS aims to promote and facilitate design passion between students, educators and practitoners of all design disciplines as well as providing students with events and resources to develop their knowledge and understanding of the design profession. DIAS events will facilitate opportunities for students and recent graduates to network with students from other disciplines and institutions and practising designers. The highlight events run by the DIAS throughout the year include an Interiors Event and Portfolio Reviews.